Monday

Divergent Thinking

Recently some one sent me this question:

What if you were driving down the freeway in a hail storm and you passed three people at a bus stop? The first was a long lost friend who had once saved your life. The second was an old person suffering a heart attack who would certainly die without an immediate ride to the hospital. The third was the absolute love of your life.

You can make one choice before the three disappear forever into the shifting circumstance of time and space.

What would you do?

This was an interview question: Here's the answer that got the job:

Give the car keys to your long lost friend and let her drive the heart attack patient to the hospital. Then wait at the bus stop with the love of your life.
Share Share

5 Comments:

Blogger GTV said...

I'm glad you provided the answer, because I was about to embarrass myself by arrogantly stating:

"I would have thanked the friend who saved my life, told my long lost love that I love her and given her one last kiss and then taken the dying woman to the hospital!"

Now I can just be embarrassed about not thinking of your better solution instead of that and being so arrogant in the first place!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Tracy O said...

Gerard,

I pretty much said the same thing when this question was posed to me. I did preface it by saying that in truth I never really know what I will do in these high-stakes moments.

If I were in a plane crash, I ask myself, would I be the person I want to be, by helping strangers exit the plane? Or would I step on heads in order to get free? I hope I'd be a hero, but I don't know.

I loved this bus stop question because it showed me how I may narrow my options.

11:05 AM  
Blogger GTV said...

Very true! If I were in plane crash I would save as many people as I possibly could. If I'm in a plane crash right now I'm stepping on those heads to save my own ass I'm sure!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The person surely deserved the job! :)

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although simply reading your these things, but I still can not help but praise from the heart, a good blog!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home